PET: New potential for adding value
The recycling revolution for mixed plastics
5.3 million tonnes of post-consumer plastic waste were gathered in Germany in the year 2018 alone. Of this, only 38.6% was recycled - the rest landed primarily in incineration plants (Plastics Europe). As a direct result, potential revenues from recyclates equivalent to €700,000 were irreversibly destroyed.
A Novel Method: Recyclates out of Multilayer Packaging and Polyester Textiles
We solve exactly this problem with our novel revolPET® method, in which we completely break down polymers until the molecules shrink to generate materials for high quality products that are as good as new. With the “back-to-monomer” method, we produce recycled monomers in brand new quality from previously unrecyclable mixed plastics and polyester fibres, which even withstand the strict requirements for food storage.
Mixed PET-Waste Becomes Valuable Raw Materials
- Just as economically as it is ecologically attractive due to low operating costs
- Less sorting and processing efforts (since mixtures and impurities in the starting materials are always possible)
- One of a kind back-to-monomer method achieved through tried-and-tested extruder technology
- Robust and scalable process
- Produces pure, high quality recyclates
A truly circular economy for plastics
Our mission is to drive forward a truly circular economy in the world of plastics. We are convinced that a circulation-based economy is not only a requirement for long term business success, but also that it can enable us to discover new ways of generating added value and forming new business relationships.
Make an appointment to speak with us and secure your ticket for the IFAT 2022 today!